20 Questions to Reflect on Before the End of 2017
Of course, living in the past does us no good. But sometimes, looking back helps us to move forward with more wisdom. The past can hold the keys to figuring out what we want more of and what we want to release and transform. Answering specific questions with this goal in mind can help us unearth information that we may not have come to on our own.
With that in mind, I found this great post on Pinterest featuring 20 questions to ask yourself about 2017 before moving into 2018. Think of this as spiritual housecleaning to close out 2017 and begin to get specific about what you would like to transform and achieve in 2018. Here's a suggestion: Answer these questions and stash them away somewhere you can easily access at the end of 2018 to see how far you've come. Maybe you even want to start a 2018 journal and begin it with this page. Throughout the year you can track your progress, share your dreams, and use it as a source of inspiration, reflection, and even as a place to vent.
And without further ado, here are the 20 questions to answer as you tie a bow on 2017. Settle in for one last look back before moving into the great, wide open.
1. What is something I accomplished this year that I'm proud of?
2. What is something I did this year that I'll remember for the rest of my life?
3. What was the most challenging part of this year for me?
4. In what area do I feel like I made my biggest improvements?
5. If I could change one thing that happened over the past year, what would it be?
6. What are the most important things I learned this year?
7. What three things did I do this year to help those around me?
8. What was the nicest thing someone did for me this year?
9. What is something for me that was hard at the beginning of this year but is easy now?
10. Of the books I read this year, which was my favorite and why?
11. Which person has made the biggest impact on my life this year and why?
12. What could I have done to make this year better?
13. What three adjectives best describe this year?
14. Knowing what I know now, if I would travel back to the start of 2017, what advice would I give myself?
15. When I consider the rest of my life, what percentage of what I learned this year do I think will be useful for me?
16. On a scale of 1-10, how have I fared this year?
17. Who do I want to celebrate my victories with?
18. What are my most important goals for next year?
19. How am I planning on achieving them?
20. What should I do differently next year?